New Distribution Partnership with Sonos
20th March 2019
Indigo Distribution, the UK’s leading custom-install trade-only distributor, is proud to announce that they are now official Sonos distribution partners in Ireland to coincide with the arrival of the new Sonos Amp.
From March 2019, Indigo Distribution are delighted to announce their official distribution partnership with Sonos in the Republic and Northern Ireland. This new partnership not only gives dealers and integrators access to the full range of Sonos products but also allows the training academy at Indigo to officially run Sonos focussed training sessions.
This announcement coincides with the launch of the new Sonos Amp. Designed to fit perfectly into the standard AV racks that custom install professionals use, the Amp powers up to four speakers with 125 watts per channel, more than enough for even the most demanding set-ups. Onboard HDMI and line-in ports also mean that TVs, turntables, CD changers, and other audio components can easily connect with the Amp and become part of the Sonos system.
This Amp is thoughtfully designed, and versatile hardware was built to power the Sonos software platform. New updates to the platform make it easy for installers to add the Amp into integrated smart home setups, including smart lighting and centralised control systems. The Amp is also AirPlay2 compatible, meaning music and other audio from any iOS device can be played wirelessly through it. Furthermore, when wirelessly connected to an Amazon Alexa-enabled device like a Sonos One or Beam, the Amp is controllable with voice commands. Finally, like other Sonos devices, the Amp will gain new features, services, and integrations over time through free software updates, ensuring customers will get the best from their set-up for years to come.
Sonos Amp Product Specifics:
· More Power. More Possibilities. Packing 125 Watts per channel, the Amp powers even the most demanding speakers. You can now power up to four speakers instead of two.
· Enjoy music, TV, and more. The Amp has an HDMI ARC port and an input for an additional audio source, whether listening to floor standing speakers, integrated home cinema, or through a turntable.
· Power home cinema sound. Use the Amp to add stereo sound to a TV. Use it to add wireless rears to a Sonos home-cinema setup. Or two Amps for surround sound.
· Stream everything. Listen to music, podcasts, radio, audiobooks, and more. Additionally, play all the music stored on a computer or other devices.
· Works with AirPlay. With the Amp, use AirPlay 2 to send the sound from an iPhone or iPad to any speakers in the home sound system.
· Choose how to control. Use the Elan Control platform also available from Indigo Distribution with its multiple options, or the Sonos app, or through voice control with Amazon Echo and Alexa-enabled devices.
· Wireless. Or not. Enjoy solid and reliable Wi-Fi performance, or connect the Amp to an Ethernet cable and easily turn the Wi-Fi off in the Sonos app.
· Stereo or dual mono sound. Whether configuring the Amp for an open floor plan or a custom listening room, create the best experience.
· Engineered for reliability. With a centralised heatsink, air inlets, and a discrete output stage, the Amp is built to keep its cool and deliver lasting power.
· Amazingly pure sound. Direct digital input eliminates the need for analogue conversion, so you get clear, undistorted sound for music streaming and your TV.
· Custom speaker connectors. A pair of threaded connections for left and right channels guarantees high-quality performance. Plus, they have a standard diameter so you can remove them and use your own banana plugs.
Matthew Booth, Managing Director at Indigo Distribution, says “Sonos Amp along with many of other future products will only be available through an official distribution channel. This gives our integrators the ability to promote the benefits of Sonos within the CI space unlike ever before. With our strong history of supporting Sonos, we are delighted to be able to offer new fresh products to our customers.” Matthew continues “This new opportunity gives Indigo Distribution the ability to supply products at a distribution level to customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland.
Nigel Grayston, Commercial Lead IS & AV at Sonos says "We are delighted to be working with Indigo Distribution and growing the IS business across Ireland. We saw the opportunity to completely redesign the Amp as a core part of our system to deliver more power, more versatility, and enable new experiences through the platform. This partnership will provide a great opportunity to increase focus on developing and supporting the install channel.